- WATER is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off.
- WATER may be the only true ‘magic potion’. WATER suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
- Studies have shown that an INCREASE IN WATER CONSUMPTION can actually reduce fat deposits. Here’s why: The KIDNEYS can’t function properly without enough water. When they don’t work to capacity, some of their load is dumped into the LIVER. One of the liver’s primary functions it to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But if the liver has to do some of the kidney’s work, it can’t operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, and more fat remained stored in the body and weight loss ceases.
- Drinking enough WATER is the best treatment for FLUID RETENTION. When the body gets less water, it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every drop. WATER is STORED in the extra-cellular spaces (outside the cells). This shows up as swollen feet, legs, hands, and eyelids. Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost WATER at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns.
- WATER helps to maintain proper muscle tone by preventing dehydration and giving muscles their natural ability to contract.
- WATER can relieve constipation. The colon gives up lots of water when the body does not get enough. This results in hard bowel movements. Adequate amounts result in normal bowel function.
- To utilize the WATER you drink more efficiently, spread out the intake throughout the day.
TO REDUCE WATER RETENTION DURING WEIGHT LOSS, FOLLOW THIS SCHEDULE BETWEEN MEALS:
MORNING: 1 liter consumed over a 30 minute period
AFTERNOON: 1 liter consumed over a 30 minute period
EVENING: 1 liter consumed over a 60 minute period